Friday, December 12, 2014

324/365

It was the ward party tonight!


Eric and I ended up basically being in charge of it, so yesterday afternoon, while Shalissa graciously offered to watch the boys for me, I went to the church and set up and decorated. Eric got there just before me and set up all the tables and chairs, and then the Sister missionaries all came over and helped me put up the trees and do all the decorations. Eric was able to reach the high stuff for us before he had to leave for class. :) I had a hard time deciding on table centerpieces, so Melissa and Margie came this morning and set up mason jars with epsom salt snow and mini Christmas trees inside for half of the tables, and we put some mini Christmas trees I found at Flower Factory on the other half. I thought things turned out well, and everyone was so nice about it. We had such a big turnout that we had to turn the craft tables into dining tables, and set up two more tables after that to accommodate everyone. Margie was in charge of the cute kids' craft, and they ended up doing it in the foyer.


The musical program included the Activity Days girls on handbells led by Leanne; the ward choir did two numbers (one with just the women); some YW did a hymn; and the missionaries sang as well. Then I played the piano for us to all sing a few carols. It was a nice evening.

No comments: